I suggest you ...

Disable Enable Duplex Printing when Shuffle Layout is selected

Shuffle layout is one of my favorite features of IW for Acro. However, it seems that it really does not work as expected if Enable Duplex Printing is checked (unless I'm missing something). I have watched several new users struggle with Shuffle only to find success immediately once they uncheck Enable Duplex Printing. If this is the case, maybe it would be best to disable Enable Duplex Printing when Shuffle layout is chosen?

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Rik HockingRik Hocking shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

1 comment

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Vitaly OvchinnikovAdminVitaly Ovchinnikov (Admin, pressnostress.com) commented  · 

It would be nice if you provide some details on what exactly doesn't work for you?

The current implementation of shuffle is based on n-up layout. We split pages in groups, shuffle them and then do n-up for that group, then go to the next one.

If you have a look at n-up implementation, you'll find that it also acts different if duplex mode is enabled. The thing is that in duplex mode IW tries to put even pages right behind the odd ones on the sheet.

So in both n-up, cut stack and shuffle if the duplex mode is enabled, each second page goes to the other side of the sheet, not to the right/bottom of the current page. That's the difference and it lets you easily duplicate fronts to backs by providing "1 1" rule to shuffle.

We have some customers struggling with that approach, so the big question is what would be better: to add another option to shuffle, or to make the default behavior more obvious by providing some hints and helps.

Your opinion is much appreciated :)

Feedback and Knowledge Base